December 10th, 2016 | Posted by 2017 Cuba
The tentative date is June 22-30. Let me know if everyone is good with the dates and I’ll start arranging lodging.
My thought for traveling to Cuba was like many, I wanted to hang with the people & experience the culture before it becomes “Americanized”. Cuba is too large to visit the entire island in a week so based on speaking with Cubans, visitors to Cuba and the web, I choose the following itinerary, however, I’m all about spontaneity so I figure we can make changes as we want.
So, here’s the rough itinerary:
- June 22: Arrive Jose Marti Int’l airport & head to Havana, we’ll be staying the Vicdado neighborhood of Havana near the Malecon district.
- 22-23: Hang in Havana & check out the sites.
- 24: take a day trip to Vinales Valley [tobacco growing region & UNESCO site].
- 25-29: head to Trinidad [UNESCO site] where we’ll hang out go to the beach, take some trips to Cienfuegos [bay of pigs] & Santa Clara.
- 29: head back sometime later in the day to Havana.
- June 30: fly home.
Cost of the trip: per person
Flights: Seattle & San Francisco ~$625-750 & Los Angeles ~$415-500
Lodging: ~$350 for the week
Food: ~$25-40 per day
Extras: taxis, day trips, bike rentals, horse back riding, guides, tours, etc. ~$400-600
Total rough cost: ~$1500-2000.00
I’ll keep you posted. Adios
You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 Both comments and pings are currently closed.